This week (Wednesday, March 23 and Thursday, March 24 at 8:15pm) it will be showing Troublemakers: The Story of Land Art (2016, 72 min.), featuring the likes of Carl Andre, Walter De Maria, Nancy Holt, and Robert Smithson and rare interviews with other rebels from the 1960s and 70s earth art scene.
In mid-April (Wednesday, April 13 and Thursday, April 14 at 8:15pm), it will show Barbicania (2014, 90 min.), by Europe’s cult architectural filmmakers Ila Bêka and Louise Lemoine. The documentary is an intimate, lively filmic map of a month-long immersion in London’s Barbican Arts Centre and Estate.
The roof opens at 7pm. Picnics are welcome; food and drink also available for cash purchase. Admission is free for members and $10 for non-members.
also by Paula Newton
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016