This week (Wednesday, March 23 and Thursday, March 24 at 8:15pm) it will be showing Troublemakers: The Story of Land Art (2016, 72 min.), featuring the likes of Carl Andre, Walter De Maria, Nancy Holt, and Robert Smithson and rare interviews with other rebels from the 1960s and 70s earth art scene.
In mid-April (Wednesday, April 13 and Thursday, April 14 at 8:15pm), it will show Barbicania (2014, 90 min.), by Europe’s cult architectural filmmakers Ila Bêka and Louise Lemoine. The documentary is an intimate, lively filmic map of a month-long immersion in London’s Barbican Arts Centre and Estate.
The roof opens at 7pm. Picnics are welcome; food and drink also available for cash purchase. Admission is free for members and $10 for non-members.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017