Waco artist Joe Magnano was arrested by the Texas Department of Public Safety yesterday on charges of criminal mischief in connection with the recent Tom’s Marfa/Prada Marfa vandalism incident near Valentine, TX. Magnano, a graduate of the San Francisco Art Institute has been revealed as “9271977,” the author of the most recent unauthorized alterations to oft-targeted popular landmark. In a January article in the Waco Tribune, Alicia Hart, owner of Harts N Crafts, a shop in Waco where Mr. Magnano lives and helps out, said of Magnano, “He has an eye to reorient things.”
Magnano is expected to be released on bail this afternoon.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015