The annual West Austin Studio Tour, which is a program of Big Medium (also of the East Austin Studio Tour and the Texas Biennial), is in its sixth year and takes place over two weekends in May: 13th-14th and 20-21st. Its boundaries are West of I-35, East of Mopac/Loop 1, South of HWY 183, and North of William Cannon. It’s a free and self-guided tour of artist studios and spaces across west Austin neighborhoods.
Big Medium has announced the participants of this year’s event. It includes studios, galleries, temporary exhibitions, and other events. Via Big Medium: “This year’s WEST will showcase over 300 artists—with 176 working studios and 50 established galleries on display, as well as 88 temporary exhibitions and 9 happenings.” Again, West Austin Studio Tour takes place May 13-14, and 20-21. The listings can be found here, and more info can be found here.
also by Glasstire
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017
- Pump Project: The Latest Casualty of Austin's East Side Boom - November 18th, 2017