San Antonio’s Southwest School of Art (SSA) is now offering a bachelor of fine arts degree and, as of last week, it has approval from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. (SSA is currently seeking accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and National Association of Schools of Art and Design.) The school will still retain its community art programs, but will add the general education courses necessary for the four-year BFA degree.
The school has put together a BFA faculty to teach a variety of media including Vincent Valdez, Chair of Painting and Drawing, and Justin Boyd, Chair of Sculpture and Integrated Media. Tuition will be under $20,000 per year and class sizes cap at 25 students. The degree program will begin fall of 2014; the priority deadline for applications and scholarships is March 1, 2014.
also by Paula Newton
- Punk Rocker Mark Flood to Get Classical Treatment Tonight - May 5th, 2016
- Houston Art Fair Loses a Word and Gains an Attitude - May 4th, 2016
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016