San Antonio’s Southwest School of Art (SSA) is now offering a bachelor of fine arts degree and, as of last week, it has approval from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. (SSA is currently seeking accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and National Association of Schools of Art and Design.) The school will still retain its community art programs, but will add the general education courses necessary for the four-year BFA degree.
The school has put together a BFA faculty to teach a variety of media including Vincent Valdez, Chair of Painting and Drawing, and Justin Boyd, Chair of Sculpture and Integrated Media. Tuition will be under $20,000 per year and class sizes cap at 25 students. The degree program will begin fall of 2014; the priority deadline for applications and scholarships is March 1, 2014.
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015