Kimberly L. Jones has been appointed Assistant Curator of the Arts of the Americas at the Dallas Museum of Art, announced today by Director Maxwell L. Anderson. Dr. Jones will begin work in Dallas on September 16.
Dr. Jones comes to the DMA from the UT Austin, where she was curator of the Art and Art History Collection, the cultural collections manager at the Texas Memorial Museum, and a lecturer on art and art history. She has also served as a lecturer at Southwestern University in Georgetown. Dr. Jones has extensive knowledge of pre-Columbian art and architecture, having conducted archaeological fieldwork and analysis in Peru over the past ten years. She received her BA with honors in history; a MA in Latin American Studies; and her PhD in art and art history from the UT Austin.
Dr. Jones has contributed to various publications, including serving as co-editor and author of the introduction for The Art and Archaeology of the Moche: An Ancient Andean Society of the Peruvian North Coast, and contributing to the University of Texas Collections Book.
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017