This September Sala Diaz will be hosting Barbara Perea, an accomplished Mexico City-based curator, critic and lecturer with a concentration in emerging media, sound and video art as the first Casa Chuck resident.
On Saturday, June 15, Sala Diaz is holding it’s first ever art recycling fundraiser to help fund the new Casa Chuck residency for writers and curators. Friends of the seminal San Antonio art space have donated pieces of art from their personal collections, the sell-off goes on from 3-7pm. A Friday-night preview from 6-7 pm is followed by a concert by Scandinavian improvisers The Thing w/Joe McPhee down the road at The Warehouse, 1119 S St Mary’s St.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015