The fourth episode of our podcast series Not A Hobby features Houston artist Shannon Duncan. Unlike the previous interviewees, she does not have one full-time job: she has about four part-time jobs that make up her approximately 50-hour work week. And through it all she’s had a decade-long commitment to working at Starbucks. Listen to Shannon discuss her work, her various current jobs, adjunct teaching, and her hopes for what will come next for her art after her “coffee break” sabbatical from Starbucks.
“To do something that you enjoy doing creates risk.”
See more work by Shannon Duncan on her website.
also by Ariane Roesch
- Frank Lloyd Wright at MOMA - June 23rd, 2017
- "Speak of the Devil" at Art League Houston - June 18th, 2017
- Not A Hobby: Tommy Gregory - June 17th, 2017
- Mr. Money Mustache wants you to bike to work in TX - June 9th, 2017
- Getting to Know Dixie Friend Gay - June 4th, 2017