The Art League Houston and Fresh Arts will host an “Artist Town Hall Meeting” to discuss the needs of artists living and working in the Houston area. The meeting will be on Tuesday, February 18 (6:30-8:30 pm) and will be facilitated by artists Ayanna Jolivet Mccloud, Carrie Schneider and Patrick Renner. It is scheduled to take place at the Art League but it could possibly change to a larger venue, so check back for updates.
Topics of discussion are open, but the press release for the event suggests they could include issues such as “artist stipends, public art and exhibition opportunities, affordable housing, studios and health insurance”—in other words, anything that could make Houston artists better, richer, safer, more interactive and more productive. Start making those lists!
Although there are a huge number of “partnering organizations” for the event, the press release also includes this warning: “If an artist works for a visual arts organization they are welcome to come as their artist self, but NOT as a representative of their organization.”
also by Paula Newton
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017
- The Obamas Choose Their Official Portraitists - October 17th, 2017