The Houston Chroncle‘s Molly Glentzer profiles the latest progress at the newly opened Houston Museum of African American Culture on Caroline St., and its energetic director John Guess, Jr. Just down the row from the sparkling new Asia Society Texas Center, which also features contemporary art, the Buffalo Soldiers Museum, and the Caroline Collective, the HMAAC has unveiled a newly commissioned piece by Houston Collective Otabenga Jones and Associates titled Fort-HMAAC, daunting barricades of sandbags that aptly expresses the internal and external roadblocks the organization has encountered.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015