The Houston Chroncle‘s Molly Glentzer profiles the latest progress at the newly opened Houston Museum of African American Culture on Caroline St., and its energetic director John Guess, Jr. Just down the row from the sparkling new Asia Society Texas Center, which also features contemporary art, the Buffalo Soldiers Museum, and the Caroline Collective, the HMAAC has unveiled a newly commissioned piece by Houston Collective Otabenga Jones and Associates titled Fort-HMAAC, daunting barricades of sandbags that aptly expresses the internal and external roadblocks the organization has encountered.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015