Former Menil chief conservator Carol Mancusi-Ungaro began interviewing artists, in the presence of their works of art in 1990, recording their attitudes and feelings toward the works’ conservation and exhibition. The series of videotaped interviews snowballed into the The Menil Collection’s Artist documentation Program, with 33 artists on record. Now, the ADP interview collection is available online on the Menil’s website as the ADP Archive.
The ADP interviews are casual and candid, filmed in the conservation studio, an exhibition gallery, or an artist’s studio, often by award-winning filmmaker and video artist Laurie McDonald, who performed video editing and post-production on the full collection.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015