The alternative to this weekend’s Dallas Art Fair is the Suite Art Fair at the Belmont Hotel, 901 Fort Worth Avenue, Dallas, on April 8-10. Organized by Brian Gibb of The Public Trust Gallery, the exhibitor list, like other info about the fair, is hard to pin down, but anecdotal evidence puts 17 galleries in the historic Belmont’s bungalows including San Antonio’s Sala Diaz, and Randall Garrett’s Plush. The fair’s facebook page said on March 7 that “there will be a strong Texas presence as well as some from out of state. The full fair roster will be announced soon.”
Update: participants will include: 500X, Chambers Gallery, Charles Hartman Fine Art, David Shelton Gallery, Plush Gallery, We Are 1976, Decorazon Gallery, Sala Diaz, Flatbed Press, Kirk Hopper Fine Art, The Public Trust, Mighty Fine Arts, a preview of CentralTrak’s Gun & Knife exhibition curated by Heyd Fontenot as well as an encore installation of M’s “Let’s Build a Fort!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015