Artpace San Antonio announced the lineup of artists for the 2016 Spring International Artist-In-Residence Program: Daniel García Andújar of Spain, Wu Tsang of Los Angeles, and Adriana Corral from San Antonio.
Andújar is a visual media artist, activist, art theorist, and founder of Technologies To The People® (TTTP), an organization that provides those without means access to new technologies.
Filmmaker, artist, and performer Wu Tsang is no stranger to Texas. Houston’s DiverseWorks commissioned a huge work that was shown in the spring of 2014 and the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston included her in the three-person exhibition Double Life in early 2015.
Corral’s installations, performances, and sculptures have gained a lot of attention recently. In 2015, Modern Painter named her one of the “Artists to Watch” and, in December, she was awarded the Joan Mitchell Emerging Artist Grant.
The artists have already begun their residencies and will exhibit their results at Artpace beginning March 17.
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017