Artpace San Antonio announced the lineup of artists for the 2016 Spring International Artist-In-Residence Program: Daniel García Andújar of Spain, Wu Tsang of Los Angeles, and Adriana Corral from San Antonio.
Andújar is a visual media artist, activist, art theorist, and founder of Technologies To The People® (TTTP), an organization that provides those without means access to new technologies.
Filmmaker, artist, and performer Wu Tsang is no stranger to Texas. Houston’s DiverseWorks commissioned a huge work that was shown in the spring of 2014 and the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston included her in the three-person exhibition Double Life in early 2015.
Corral’s installations, performances, and sculptures have gained a lot of attention recently. In 2015, Modern Painter named her one of the “Artists to Watch” and, in December, she was awarded the Joan Mitchell Emerging Artist Grant.
The artists have already begun their residencies and will exhibit their results at Artpace beginning March 17.
also by Paula Newton
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017