Artpace San Antonio announced the lineup of artists for the 2016 Spring International Artist-In-Residence Program: Daniel García Andújar of Spain, Wu Tsang of Los Angeles, and Adriana Corral from San Antonio.
Andújar is a visual media artist, activist, art theorist, and founder of Technologies To The People® (TTTP), an organization that provides those without means access to new technologies.
Filmmaker, artist, and performer Wu Tsang is no stranger to Texas. Houston’s DiverseWorks commissioned a huge work that was shown in the spring of 2014 and the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston included her in the three-person exhibition Double Life in early 2015.
Corral’s installations, performances, and sculptures have gained a lot of attention recently. In 2015, Modern Painter named her one of the “Artists to Watch” and, in December, she was awarded the Joan Mitchell Emerging Artist Grant.
The artists have already begun their residencies and will exhibit their results at Artpace beginning March 17.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017