Meredith Francis Wilson died at the age of 58 on Monday, October 5th in Kerrville, Texas, after a 2 1/2 year battle with ovarian cancer.
Meredith spent most of her young adult life immersed in art history, both in Houston and Italy, and took a final trip to Italy earlier this year. She taught at the Houston High School for Performing and Visual Arts, and ultimately became the educational curator of the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston until 2001. Meredith was an avid collector of local contemporary art and leaves behind countless friends in Houston, Austin, Kansas City, and Kerrville. The fourth child in a close-knit family of ten children, she is survived by many relatives, including her three children, Camille Zarsky-Jacobs, Bianca Vance, and Marcus Baloutine.
Memorial services will be held Saturday, October 24th from 1-3pm at the Southside Place Clubhouse, located at 3743 Garnet Street, Houston 77005. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in her name to the University of St. Thomas Art History department or the Peterson Hospice in Kerrville.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017