The American Alliance of Museums (AAM) has given its 2015 Award for Distinguished Service to Museums to Thomas A. Livesay, executive director of San Antonio’s Briscoe Western Art Museum. The award was established in 1981, but is only given in years when there is a worthy nominee.
Livesay, who joined the Briscoe in late 2014, has had a forty-year career in museums, holding leadership positions with the Museum of New Mexico System, Louisiana State University Museum of Art, the Dallas Museum of Art, the Longview Museum and Art Center and the Amarillo Art Center (now the Amarillo Museum of Art).
also by Paula Newton
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016
- Artists as Human Beings on TV - October 11th, 2016