The American Alliance of Museums (AAM) has given its 2015 Award for Distinguished Service to Museums to Thomas A. Livesay, executive director of San Antonio’s Briscoe Western Art Museum. The award was established in 1981, but is only given in years when there is a worthy nominee.
Livesay, who joined the Briscoe in late 2014, has had a forty-year career in museums, holding leadership positions with the Museum of New Mexico System, Louisiana State University Museum of Art, the Dallas Museum of Art, the Longview Museum and Art Center and the Amarillo Art Center (now the Amarillo Museum of Art).
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017