The American Alliance of Museums (AAM) has given its 2015 Award for Distinguished Service to Museums to Thomas A. Livesay, executive director of San Antonio’s Briscoe Western Art Museum. The award was established in 1981, but is only given in years when there is a worthy nominee.
Livesay, who joined the Briscoe in late 2014, has had a forty-year career in museums, holding leadership positions with the Museum of New Mexico System, Louisiana State University Museum of Art, the Dallas Museum of Art, the Longview Museum and Art Center and the Amarillo Art Center (now the Amarillo Museum of Art).
also by Paula Newton
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017
- Spooky Springtime History in the Panhandle - March 15th, 2017