The American Alliance of Museums (AAM) has given its 2015 Award for Distinguished Service to Museums to Thomas A. Livesay, executive director of San Antonio’s Briscoe Western Art Museum. The award was established in 1981, but is only given in years when there is a worthy nominee.
Livesay, who joined the Briscoe in late 2014, has had a forty-year career in museums, holding leadership positions with the Museum of New Mexico System, Louisiana State University Museum of Art, the Dallas Museum of Art, the Longview Museum and Art Center and the Amarillo Art Center (now the Amarillo Museum of Art).
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017