Via the DMN: a crane fell over onto the roof of the Dallas Museum of Art around 9:30 am today, on the south lawn (narrowly missing the di Suvero); no art was damaged, though the crane operator was injured and taken to Baylor Medical Center. The crane was being used to set up a tent for an upcoming event here in the midst of many, many art-related events in Dallas the coming week. The event, the Art Ball, is a big fundraiser for the museum and is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.
also by Christina Rees
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016
- VIDEO: Norman Lewis' Procession - August 7th, 2016