Via the DMN: a crane fell over onto the roof of the Dallas Museum of Art around 9:30 am today, on the south lawn (narrowly missing the di Suvero); no art was damaged, though the crane operator was injured and taken to Baylor Medical Center. The crane was being used to set up a tent for an upcoming event here in the midst of many, many art-related events in Dallas the coming week. The event, the Art Ball, is a big fundraiser for the museum and is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.
also by Christina Rees
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016
- Last Week: Los Angeles vs. New York - December 4th, 2016
- (The New World Order and) Heyd Fontenot at Conduit Gallery, Dallas - November 13th, 2016
- Glasstire and Negative Criticism in Texas - October 26th, 2016
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016