Via the DMN: a crane fell over onto the roof of the Dallas Museum of Art around 9:30 am today, on the south lawn (narrowly missing the di Suvero); no art was damaged, though the crane operator was injured and taken to Baylor Medical Center. The crane was being used to set up a tent for an upcoming event here in the midst of many, many art-related events in Dallas the coming week. The event, the Art Ball, is a big fundraiser for the museum and is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.
also by Christina Rees
- Richard Serra Prints at the Nasher Sculpture Center - March 22nd, 2017
- The Legend of Montie Ritchie versus the International Art Thieves - March 4th, 2017
- Ross Bleckner at the Dallas Contemporary - February 19th, 2017
- Bruce Conner’s 'CROSSROADS' in 2017 - January 29th, 2017
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016