Houston already knows this, so this is for the rest of the art-loving, trainspotting Texans that keep tabs on such things: Last Sunday a museum goer at the Menil Collection backed into a Cy Twombly sculpture and knocked it over. Everyone knows that sculpture is something you bump into when you back up to look at a painting. (Ad Reinhardt, comedian.)
John Hovig took the above photo and Robert Boyd posted it on his blog The Great God Pan is Dead.
And here is a nice picture of Dominique de Menil and Twombly in 1995.
also by Christina Rees
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017