Houston already knows this, so this is for the rest of the art-loving, trainspotting Texans that keep tabs on such things: Last Sunday a museum goer at the Menil Collection backed into a Cy Twombly sculpture and knocked it over. Everyone knows that sculpture is something you bump into when you back up to look at a painting. (Ad Reinhardt, comedian.)
John Hovig took the above photo and Robert Boyd posted it on his blog The Great God Pan is Dead.
And here is a nice picture of Dominique de Menil and Twombly in 1995.
also by Christina Rees
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017
- The Polaroid Project at the Amon Carter - July 11th, 2017
- Epilogue - June 27th, 2017
- Christina and Angela's Epic Road Trip: Some Highlights - June 20th, 2017
- Doug Aitken at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - June 13th, 2017