The City of Austin is looking for a professional artist, or artist team, to design and fabricate artwork for the city’s Montopolis Neighborhood Center. Through its Art in Public Places program (AIPP), the commission will include a $42,000 budget. The submission deadline is Thursday, March 20.
That may seem like plenty of time to work up a proposal, but if the stated goal of the project seems vague (“to develop a family-friendly experience that is integrated into the campus, to engage facility users, and to reflect the diverse community served by the Center”), artists may wish to attend one of the Artist Information Meetings. One will take place on Wednesday, February 19th from 5- 6:30 pm at the Cultural Arts Division offices at 201 E. 2nd Street; another will be on Wednesday, February 26th from noon-1:30 pm at the Montopolis Neighborhood Center, 1416 Montopolis Drive.
Proposals will be accepted from artists living or working within 150 miles of Austin. Download the complete Request for Qualifications here.
also by Paula Newton
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015