Sunday Soups are meal-based micro grant events that have been catching on in various parts of the country and the world. There is not yet a real Sunday Soup group in Houston; this program is presented on behalf of InCUBATE, a Chicago-based research institute and artist collective.
The premise is quite simple: collect grant proposals, make some soup, invite people to pay and eat ($10 for all-diet friendly soup) and have the diners democratically allocate the meal’s profits. They are looking for projects that represent a diversity of approaches, mediums, and creative communities, with a particular interest in those with limited funding options elsewhere. Applications are due November 20 at 5 pm. Send answers to the following micro-questions to email@example.com.
2. Email address
3. Project title
4. Project description (no more than 500 words)
5. If granted, how do you plan to spend the money?
6. Aside from money, what other resources or support (if any) do you need (i.e. volunteers, skilled labor, specialized knowledge, tools)?
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Curator Snagged by Oklahoma - October 23rd, 2017
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017