Sunday Soups are meal-based micro grant events that have been catching on in various parts of the country and the world. There is not yet a real Sunday Soup group in Houston; this program is presented on behalf of InCUBATE, a Chicago-based research institute and artist collective.
The premise is quite simple: collect grant proposals, make some soup, invite people to pay and eat ($10 for all-diet friendly soup) and have the diners democratically allocate the meal’s profits. They are looking for projects that represent a diversity of approaches, mediums, and creative communities, with a particular interest in those with limited funding options elsewhere. Applications are due November 20 at 5 pm. Send answers to the following micro-questions to email@example.com.
2. Email address
3. Project title
4. Project description (no more than 500 words)
5. If granted, how do you plan to spend the money?
6. Aside from money, what other resources or support (if any) do you need (i.e. volunteers, skilled labor, specialized knowledge, tools)?
also by Paula Newton
- Do Good Fences Make Good Photos? - December 1st, 2015
- Just in Time for the Holidays: Art About Anxiety, Stress, and Neuroses - November 30th, 2015
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015