Sunday Soups are meal-based micro grant events that have been catching on in various parts of the country and the world. There is not yet a real Sunday Soup group in Houston; this program is presented on behalf of InCUBATE, a Chicago-based research institute and artist collective.
The premise is quite simple: collect grant proposals, make some soup, invite people to pay and eat ($10 for all-diet friendly soup) and have the diners democratically allocate the meal’s profits. They are looking for projects that represent a diversity of approaches, mediums, and creative communities, with a particular interest in those with limited funding options elsewhere. Applications are due November 20 at 5 pm. Send answers to the following micro-questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Email address
3. Project title
4. Project description (no more than 500 words)
5. If granted, how do you plan to spend the money?
6. Aside from money, what other resources or support (if any) do you need (i.e. volunteers, skilled labor, specialized knowledge, tools)?
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017