Clouds, seascapes, moons, trees: Dallas artist Ted Kincaid shreds, then cobbles together hundreds of photographs to create lifelike composites that never existed in reality. In this short video produced by Philip Wier, the Dallas artist talks about his process, his love of fantasy, and the evolving techniques he is using to realize his visions. Kincaid’s work is part of the exhibition Back Room at Talley Dunn Gallery in Dallas through September 7.
If you’re planning an inter-city trip, Faking It: Manipulated Photography Before Photoshop at Houston’s MFAH puts Kincaid’s high-tech manipulations in the context of a tradition of fakery as old as photography itself.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five Oct 16, 2014 - October 16th, 2014
- Top Five: Oct. 9, 2014 - October 9th, 2014
- Top Five: Oct. 2, 2014 - October 2nd, 2014
- Top Five: Sept. 25, 2014 - September 25th, 2014
- Top Five for Sept. 18, 2014 - September 18th, 2014