Robert Boyd’s PAN Art-fair, which debuted in conjunction with the Texas Contemporary Art Fair in Houston in 2012, has announced a Dallas edition, timed to coincide with the Dallas Art Fair. From 10 a.m.-8 p.m. on April 13, Boyd will display art works by Christine Bisetto, Christopher Cascio, Nathan Green, Jim Nolan, Michelle Mackey, Emily Peacock, Benjamin Terry in his suite at the “super-charming Belmont Hotel”, 901 Fort Worth Ave., room number to be announced.
The original PAN Art Fair sublet space in Boyd’s room in the Embassy Suites hotel adjacent to the Texas Contemporary Art Fair in Houston. Boyd sublet walls, tabletops and even individual drawers in the room to participating artists, some of whom are featured in the upcoming Dallas event. Boyd, an energetic and keen-eyed observer of the Texas art scene has selected some interesting artists, but admits it’s not all high-minded DIY puritanism: “Conceived as an alternative to the big corporate art fairs, the Pan Art Fair has devolved into an excuse to drink in the presence of some excellent art.” See you there!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015