Houston art blogger Robert Boyd of The Great God Pan is Dead is organizing his own art fair to coincide with the Texas Contemporary Art Fair on the weekend of Oct 18-21. The Pan Art Fair will be held in a suite at the Embassy Suites in downtown Houston, a hop skip and a jump across Discovery Green Park from the official fair. Only two individual artists (Lane Hagood and Emily Peacock), and two galleries, (Front Gallery and Cardoza Fine Art), will be exhibiting at Boyd’s bedrooms, but he’s calling others to rally around his nascent alterna-fair, pointing out that four artists could rent their own suite for the run of the fair for $250 apiece.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015