Houston art blogger Robert Boyd of The Great God Pan is Dead is organizing his own art fair to coincide with the Texas Contemporary Art Fair on the weekend of Oct 18-21. The Pan Art Fair will be held in a suite at the Embassy Suites in downtown Houston, a hop skip and a jump across Discovery Green Park from the official fair. Only two individual artists (Lane Hagood and Emily Peacock), and two galleries, (Front Gallery and Cardoza Fine Art), will be exhibiting at Boyd’s bedrooms, but he’s calling others to rally around his nascent alterna-fair, pointing out that four artists could rent their own suite for the run of the fair for $250 apiece.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015