The NY Times (via Texas Monthly) briefly profiles six Texas women who are continuing the tradition of Ima Hogg and Velma Kimbell by making important contributions to the Texas art scene: Leslie D. Blanton, for her continuing support of the Blanton Museum of Art in Austin; Donna Axum Whitworth, Miss America 1964, a founding member of the organization when it was created in 2006. Gene Jones, wife of the Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and a prime mover of the new Cowboy Stadium’s art program; philanthropist Gayle Hunt, El Paso museum of art supporter, and Amy Barbee, executive director of the Texas Cultural Trust; Debbie Montford founding member of Texas Women for the Arts.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015