The McKinney Avenue Contemporary (The MAC) has announced the departure of Director Liliana Bloch, due to “health concerns.” Bloch has overseen a rebirth of sorts at the MAC, whose visual arts programming had stagnated somewhat prior to her joining the staff three years ago. Associate director Lisa Hees has stepped in to take the reins while the organization plans its next move.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Debtfair: It’s Not About the Art - October 24th, 2015
- VIDEO: Texas Contemporary Art Fair Opening Night 2015 - October 5th, 2015
- Notes from the Broad - September 25th, 2015
- Announcing Off Road: Robert Irwin & Michael Govan - September 18th, 2015
- How to Make a Painting in the 21st Century - September 12th, 2015