The McKinney Avenue Contemporary (The MAC) has announced the departure of Director Liliana Bloch, due to “health concerns.” Bloch has overseen a rebirth of sorts at the MAC, whose visual arts programming had stagnated somewhat prior to her joining the staff three years ago. Associate director Lisa Hees has stepped in to take the reins while the organization plans its next move.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Hate The Art World? You’ll Love William Wegman - April 17th, 2016
- When Nothing is Something: a Hole at Artpace - April 9th, 2016
- Notes On a Non-Blockbuster at the DMA: Irwin, Flavin, and Antonakos - March 18th, 2016
- Houston City Council Still Wants Public Art To Die (and HAA Is Making It Easy For Them) - March 4th, 2016
- On Residencies, and the Fractured Legacy of Linda Pace - February 28th, 2016