The McKinney Avenue Contemporary (The MAC) has announced the departure of Director Liliana Bloch, due to “health concerns.” Bloch has overseen a rebirth of sorts at the MAC, whose visual arts programming had stagnated somewhat prior to her joining the staff three years ago. Associate director Lisa Hees has stepped in to take the reins while the organization plans its next move.
also by Rainey Knudson
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016