The McKinney Avenue Contemporary (The MAC) has announced the departure of Director Liliana Bloch, due to “health concerns.” Bloch has overseen a rebirth of sorts at the MAC, whose visual arts programming had stagnated somewhat prior to her joining the staff three years ago. Associate director Lisa Hees has stepped in to take the reins while the organization plans its next move.
also by Rainey Knudson
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017