The McKinney Avenue Contemporary (The MAC) has announced the departure of Director Liliana Bloch, due to “health concerns.” Bloch has overseen a rebirth of sorts at the MAC, whose visual arts programming had stagnated somewhat prior to her joining the staff three years ago. Associate director Lisa Hees has stepped in to take the reins while the organization plans its next move.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Looking for Texas Art in Texas - February 7th, 2016
- An Open Letter to the Other 49 States - January 24th, 2016
- Prints, and Architectural Pathos, at the Art Museum of Southeast Texas - January 3rd, 2016
- Rothko, in Retrospect - December 18th, 2015
- The Best Defense is Good Offensiveness - December 6th, 2015