ArtPrize, the international art competition held annually in Grand Rapids, Michigan, announced its jurors’ shortlist last night. The twenty finalists will be in the running to win their respective $12,500 category (2D, 3D, installation, and time-based) awards and ultimately the $200,000 Juried Grand Prize. Two Texans made the shortlist: Dario Robleto of Houston and Matthew Steinke of Austin.
Online public voting has already started. Voters must register while at ArtPrize in Grand Rapids, but you can follow the live vote count here. Award winners will be announced on October 7.
Congratulations to Dario and Matthew!
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017