Joyce Pensato’s recent solo show at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth has come and gone, but given the ongoing and semi-flexible nature of the Modern’s excellent speaker series, she’s next up to bat for Tuesday’s talk at the museum.
Brooklyn-born (and based) Pensato has an interesting history and career trajectory; she’s a current late-blooming art-world favorite. Colorful, too. On March 22 she’ll be the guest for Tuesday Evenings at the Modern and you can hear her present “a personal look at her career, sharing important influences from the art world and pop culture,” which is exactly what an audience will want to hear from this painter of brash, muscular, instantly recognizable pop iconography.
For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Pump Project: The Latest Casualty of Austin's East Side Boom - November 18th, 2017
- DiverseWorks' Rachel Cook Leaving Houston for Seattle's On the Boards - November 17th, 2017
- $10 Tintype of Billy the Kid and Pat Garrett May Be Worth Millions - November 16th, 2017
- Top Five: November 16, 2017 with Eric Jarvis - November 16th, 2017
- Cedars Open Studios is This Weekend in Dallas - November 15th, 2017