Joyce Pensato’s recent solo show at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth has come and gone, but given the ongoing and semi-flexible nature of the Modern’s excellent speaker series, she’s next up to bat for Tuesday’s talk at the museum.
Brooklyn-born (and based) Pensato has an interesting history and career trajectory; she’s a current late-blooming art-world favorite. Colorful, too. On March 22 she’ll be the guest for Tuesday Evenings at the Modern and you can hear her present “a personal look at her career, sharing important influences from the art world and pop culture,” which is exactly what an audience will want to hear from this painter of brash, muscular, instantly recognizable pop iconography.
For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Blanton Gifted Set of Leon Polk Smith Paintings and Drawings - August 17th, 2017
- Top Five: August 17, 2017 - August 16th, 2017
- The Tom of Finland Movie - August 16th, 2017
- Gunnar Birkerts, Architect Who Designed CAMH, Dies at 92 - August 16th, 2017
- Dallas Architecture Forum Hosts Chinati and MASS MoCA - August 15th, 2017