Joyce Pensato’s recent solo show at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth has come and gone, but given the ongoing and semi-flexible nature of the Modern’s excellent speaker series, she’s next up to bat for Tuesday’s talk at the museum.
Brooklyn-born (and based) Pensato has an interesting history and career trajectory; she’s a current late-blooming art-world favorite. Colorful, too. On March 22 she’ll be the guest for Tuesday Evenings at the Modern and you can hear her present “a personal look at her career, sharing important influences from the art world and pop culture,” which is exactly what an audience will want to hear from this painter of brash, muscular, instantly recognizable pop iconography.
For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- New Art Space Opens in Dallas This Weekend - September 29th, 2016
- The Top Five Things to See in Houston - September 29th, 2016
- Top Five: September 29, 2016 - September 29th, 2016
- RIP Hunting Art Prize - September 27th, 2016
- Pierre Huyghe Wins the Second Annual $100,000 Nasher Prize - September 26th, 2016