Joyce Pensato’s recent solo show at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth has come and gone, but given the ongoing and semi-flexible nature of the Modern’s excellent speaker series, she’s next up to bat for Tuesday’s talk at the museum.
Brooklyn-born (and based) Pensato has an interesting history and career trajectory; she’s a current late-blooming art-world favorite. Colorful, too. On March 22 she’ll be the guest for Tuesday Evenings at the Modern and you can hear her present “a personal look at her career, sharing important influences from the art world and pop culture,” which is exactly what an audience will want to hear from this painter of brash, muscular, instantly recognizable pop iconography.
For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- This and That: Kristen Cochran / Ken Kagami / Jac Leirner - June 28th, 2017
- Photographers: Register for FotoFest's Portfolio Review Sessions - June 27th, 2017
- A Side Trip to Michael Heizer's 'Double Negative' - June 27th, 2017
- Madrid Judge Orders Exhumation of Salvador Dalí's Remains - June 26th, 2017
- Protestors Gathered Yesterday Against the Station Museum's Andres Serrano Exhibition - June 25th, 2017