It’s official: ArtPrize Dallas is kaput for now, due to insufficient funding. Frank Artsmarter, the elusive figure behind the competing ArtSmarter Prize, claims responsibility for the demise of the Dallas offshoot of the Grand Rapids contest.
“I knew that my prize was gonna be huge,” Artsmarter said in a phone interview with Glasstire. “I’m polling really well with the all the media and all the religious groups in the world, and I just have more energy than those guys. Now that the Michigan folks have totally capitulated, as I knew they would, Dallas can finally get the prize it deserves. We will threaten the hell out of the status quo that was threatened by ArtPrize.”
Artsmarter’s prize includes approximately 27 artists (“a few more people want to join, so it may be a solid 30”), whose submissions will be unveiled at an event in Dallas during the Dallas Art Fair weekend next April. Stay tuned.
also by Glasstire
- Donald Trump's Renior Painting is a Fake - October 19th, 2017
- Top Five: October 19, 2017 - October 19th, 2017
- Houston Cinema Arts Festival Returns Next Month with Houston-Centric Programming - October 17th, 2017
- This and That: Oldenburg / Davenport - October 17th, 2017
- Sculpture Month Houston Returns to Houston's Grain Silos - October 16th, 2017