It’s official: ArtPrize Dallas is kaput for now, due to insufficient funding. Frank Artsmarter, the elusive figure behind the competing ArtSmarter Prize, claims responsibility for the demise of the Dallas offshoot of the Grand Rapids contest.
“I knew that my prize was gonna be huge,” Artsmarter said in a phone interview with Glasstire. “I’m polling really well with the all the media and all the religious groups in the world, and I just have more energy than those guys. Now that the Michigan folks have totally capitulated, as I knew they would, Dallas can finally get the prize it deserves. We will threaten the hell out of the status quo that was threatened by ArtPrize.”
Artsmarter’s prize includes approximately 27 artists (“a few more people want to join, so it may be a solid 30”), whose submissions will be unveiled at an event in Dallas during the Dallas Art Fair weekend next April. Stay tuned.
also by Glasstire
- Microsoft Paint Lives to Fight Another Day - July 27th, 2017
- Houston Announces $3.5 Million in Arts and Culture Grants - July 26th, 2017
- Awesome website: Typeset in the Future - July 25th, 2017
- Guerrilla Girls Coming to Talk at the DMA in August - July 25th, 2017
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017