Yesterday, Blue Star Contemporary in San Antonio launched its open call for national and international artists, which remains open until November 30. Recently, the majority of shows that end up on Blue Star’s roster are pulled from this open-call submission pool, and these have been good shows.
Per Blue Star: “In 2015, two group shows, Everyday is Ordinary and Transmission, two solo exhibitions featuring Cynthia Gregory and Emily Fleisher, and one two-person exhibition featuring Liz Rodda and Charlie Morris, were curated from nearly 400 applications received in last year’s open call.”
A committee made up of art professionals (the names are not yet public) “will review submissions for consideration in 2016/2017 exhibitions.”
For more info and submission guidelines, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Celebrities Want to Make Art! - October 22nd, 2016
- Welcome to our 15th Anniversary Celebration Week! - October 22nd, 2016
- A Behind the Scenes Look at Jesse Lott's Process - October 22nd, 2016
- Nasher Puts Out International Call for Graduate Papers - October 21st, 2016
- Kendall Jenner Copies Iconic Performance Artists to Create Her Own Performance Art - October 21st, 2016