Yesterday, Blue Star Contemporary in San Antonio launched its open call for national and international artists, which remains open until November 30. Recently, the majority of shows that end up on Blue Star’s roster are pulled from this open-call submission pool, and these have been good shows.
Per Blue Star: “In 2015, two group shows, Everyday is Ordinary and Transmission, two solo exhibitions featuring Cynthia Gregory and Emily Fleisher, and one two-person exhibition featuring Liz Rodda and Charlie Morris, were curated from nearly 400 applications received in last year’s open call.”
A committee made up of art professionals (the names are not yet public) “will review submissions for consideration in 2016/2017 exhibitions.”
For more info and submission guidelines, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017
- Houston Performance Art Festival Announces Lineup — And It's Good! - January 14th, 2017
- Dallas Contemporary Will Organize the Ukrainian Pavilion for the Venice Biennale - January 12th, 2017
- Top Five: January 12, 2017 - January 12th, 2017