Yesterday, Blue Star Contemporary in San Antonio launched its open call for national and international artists, which remains open until November 30. Recently, the majority of shows that end up on Blue Star’s roster are pulled from this open-call submission pool, and these have been good shows.
Per Blue Star: “In 2015, two group shows, Everyday is Ordinary and Transmission, two solo exhibitions featuring Cynthia Gregory and Emily Fleisher, and one two-person exhibition featuring Liz Rodda and Charlie Morris, were curated from nearly 400 applications received in last year’s open call.”
A committee made up of art professionals (the names are not yet public) “will review submissions for consideration in 2016/2017 exhibitions.”
For more info and submission guidelines, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Fearless Girl Statue to Remain on View Through 2018 - March 27th, 2017
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017
- Art Dirt 2: Controversy Over a Painting of Emmett Till in the Whitney Biennial - March 25th, 2017
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017