Yesterday, Blue Star Contemporary in San Antonio launched its open call for national and international artists, which remains open until November 30. Recently, the majority of shows that end up on Blue Star’s roster are pulled from this open-call submission pool, and these have been good shows.
Per Blue Star: “In 2015, two group shows, Everyday is Ordinary and Transmission, two solo exhibitions featuring Cynthia Gregory and Emily Fleisher, and one two-person exhibition featuring Liz Rodda and Charlie Morris, were curated from nearly 400 applications received in last year’s open call.”
A committee made up of art professionals (the names are not yet public) “will review submissions for consideration in 2016/2017 exhibitions.”
For more info and submission guidelines, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017
- Glasstire Top Five: July 20, 2017 - July 20th, 2017
- Another Costume Contest at the DMA: This One is Lady Gaga - July 19th, 2017
- "Don't pretend that you're not proud of your work." - July 19th, 2017
- Christina Rees Wins $50,000 Rabkin Prize for Arts Writers - July 17th, 2017