Yesterday, Blue Star Contemporary in San Antonio launched its open call for national and international artists, which remains open until November 30. Recently, the majority of shows that end up on Blue Star’s roster are pulled from this open-call submission pool, and these have been good shows.
Per Blue Star: “In 2015, two group shows, Everyday is Ordinary and Transmission, two solo exhibitions featuring Cynthia Gregory and Emily Fleisher, and one two-person exhibition featuring Liz Rodda and Charlie Morris, were curated from nearly 400 applications received in last year’s open call.”
A committee made up of art professionals (the names are not yet public) “will review submissions for consideration in 2016/2017 exhibitions.”
For more info and submission guidelines, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Solange Knowles' Limited Edition Book Available at Marfa Book Company - May 25th, 2017
- Top Five: May 25, 2017 - May 25th, 2017
- Menil's 2017 Walter Hopps Award Goes to Reem Fadda - May 24th, 2017
- This and That: Menil Drawing Institute / Pompeii - May 23rd, 2017
- Two Large-Scale Ai Weiwei Sculptures Come to Austin this Summer - May 22nd, 2017