Another Texas Contemporary Art Fair has come and gone. This one had its fair share of dogs, chairs, and shiny sculptures, but it also had some smart, intriguing work. Here are a handful of pieces I liked, many of which are from local (or Mexico City!) galleries.
also by Brandon Zech
- Some Inauguration Day Wisdom from Pussy Riot, from their recent Texas Visit - January 19th, 2017
- Andrew Martin at Redbud Gallery, Houston - January 13th, 2017
- Capitalist Consumption: the Institute for New Feeling at Ballroom Marfa - December 30th, 2016
- Sophomore Slump: Day for Night in Houston - December 21st, 2016
- Miami Basel vs. Disney World: The Happiest Place on Earth? - December 10th, 2016