Lawndale Art Center in Houston has announced the three artists who will participate in the tenth round of its Lawndale Artist Studio Program: Bradly Brown, Cobra McVey and Anthony Sonnenberg. The three begin their nine-month residency in September and will talk about their work on on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 6 p.m. at Lawndale.
Included in the residency is a non-residential studio, and the artists “will have full access to their studios 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Each artist will receive a $500 monthly stipend for the duration of the program and a $1500 unrestricted materials allowance.”
These three were selected from a pool of 101 applicants. The jury for this round were Emily Peacock, artist and Lawndale programming committee member; Bob Snead, artist and director of Press Street, New Orleans; and Clint Willour, curator at Galveston Arts Center.
For more info on the program and the artists, please go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016
- VIDEO: Norman Lewis' Procession - August 7th, 2016