Happy Thanksgiving! There’s still time to get downtown to catch the 65th Annual H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade, which starts at 9am and goes on until noon (parade route here). Among the over 250 entries, including a six-ton potato on wheels (?) and another skateboard-themed entry, is a tribute to Cleveland “The Flower Man” Turner. Long-time Houston fixture and visionary artist, the Flower Man died last December and his colorful presence is still missed. After days of marches of frustration, take a couple of hours for a celebration parade.
also by Paula Newton
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017