Robert Hodge and Phillip Pyle II have already begun promoting their upcoming exhibition at Art League Houston, presenting…The Black Guys, which doesn’t open until mid-November. While they promise a full-length album with the same title as the exhibition, they released the first single a few days ago on iTunes. It’s called “The Menil Song” and the lyrics contain a little art history, a little politics, and a whole lot of cool. (They even discuss the Menil Collection’s air conditioning.)
Hodge and Pyle describe part of the exhibition as an homage to the Art Guys; they will recreate five Art Guys performances, “while adding a twist that could only come from Black Guys.” They also plan on original performances and 2-D work. Until November’s opening, enjoy the music!
also by Paula Newton
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017