Robert Hodge and Phillip Pyle II have already begun promoting their upcoming exhibition at Art League Houston, presenting…The Black Guys, which doesn’t open until mid-November. While they promise a full-length album with the same title as the exhibition, they released the first single a few days ago on iTunes. It’s called “The Menil Song” and the lyrics contain a little art history, a little politics, and a whole lot of cool. (They even discuss the Menil Collection’s air conditioning.)
Hodge and Pyle describe part of the exhibition as an homage to the Art Guys; they will recreate five Art Guys performances, “while adding a twist that could only come from Black Guys.” They also plan on original performances and 2-D work. Until November’s opening, enjoy the music!
also by Paula Newton
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015