Houston Mayor Annise Parker and her long-time partner, First Lady Kathy Hubbard, were joined in marriage today in a sunset ceremony held at a private home in Palm Springs, California. “This is a very happy day for us,” said Mayor Parker. “We have had to wait a very long time to formalize our commitment to each other. Kathy has been by my side for more than two decades, helping to raise a family, nurture my political career and all of the other ups and down and life events that come with a committed relationship. She is the love of my life and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life married to her.”
Oh, the art news: The Houston Arts Alliance (HAA) will present “2014 Elected Officials Reception for the Arts,” in which Mayor Parker will set forth her priorities for the arts in her next term and welcome Houston’s new City Council and other elected officials. The event will take place on January 27 at 5:30 pm at Zilkha Hall Stage, the Hobby Center for Performing Arts. To RSVP, visit HAA’s event page. Go find out what the city’s art plans are and give the mayor a big congratulations!
also by Paula Newton
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016
- Finally!!! Cat Art Comes to Dallas - July 21st, 2016
- Study Shows That Art Helps You Grow Up - July 19th, 2016
- Land Art, Renewable Energy, and Aesthetics - July 18th, 2016
- Contemporary Austin Announces Gigantic Artist Prize - July 15th, 2016