On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ’em like he seed ’em.
Part 1: in which Glasstire founder Rainey Knudson introduces Hickey, and he disses Glasstire, Texas, Houston, stupid liberals, Rice University, and questions why art should be popular.
He goes on to theorize on the futility of the NEA and alternative art institutions, and reminisce about the the good old underground at Max’s Kansas City. Remember: “there is no in.”
Part 2 of our 4-part Hickey-fest here!
also by Glasstire
- We Want More Animal Facts Club - October 12th, 2015
- Prince Thomas Wins Time-Based ArtPrize! - October 10th, 2015
- Benefit Dinner: $500. Dance Party: Priceless. - October 10th, 2015
- Send your questions for Robert Irwin! - October 7th, 2015
- Artists: Wouldn't You Like a Show at Blue Star? - October 6th, 2015