On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ’em like he seed ’em.
Part 1: in which Glasstire founder Rainey Knudson introduces Hickey, and he disses Glasstire, Texas, Houston, stupid liberals, Rice University, and questions why art should be popular.
He goes on to theorize on the futility of the NEA and alternative art institutions, and reminisce about the the good old underground at Max’s Kansas City. Remember: “there is no in.”
Part 2 of our 4-part Hickey-fest here!
also by Glasstire
- Timber! Watch the Live Feed of Glassell's Demolition - September 3rd, 2015
- Top Five Fall Preview: September 3, 2015 - September 3rd, 2015
- OFG.XXX Will Close Forever on Sept. 26 - September 1st, 2015
- Graffiti & Street Art Museum Established in Houston - August 31st, 2015
- Upcoming Musical Performance at McGee's Hill in West Texas - August 30th, 2015