On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ’em like he seed ’em.
Part 1: in which Glasstire founder Rainey Knudson introduces Hickey, and he disses Glasstire, Texas, Houston, stupid liberals, Rice University, and questions why art should be popular.
He goes on to theorize on the futility of the NEA and alternative art institutions, and reminisce about the the good old underground at Max’s Kansas City. Remember: “there is no in.”
Part 2 of our 4-part Hickey-fest here!
also by Glasstire
- Artists make real money at this annual Houston market - July 2nd, 2015
- Top Five July 2, 2015 with special guest star Michael Bise! - July 2nd, 2015
- CADD announces this year's scholarship winner - June 30th, 2015
- Yes! So who's gettin' hitched? - June 26th, 2015
- Top Five: June 25, 2015 with Special Guest Star Heyd Fontenot! - June 25th, 2015