The 27th Annual Houston Art Car Parade is holding an open call for artwork submissions to be the official emblem of the 2014 parade, represented on all its merchandise, advertisements, banners, posters and its website. The deadline for entries is January 10 and the winner will receive a $1200 honorarium. In addition, three artists will be chosen by an online public vote on the Orange Show and Art Car Facebook pages who will receive $200 honoraria and have their artwork printed on a limited run of t-shirts.
Entry guidelines can be found on the Art Car website but, basically, artists must reside in the Greater Houston area and the original art should represent the “unique, whimsical aspects” of the parade.
also by Paula Newton
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017
- The Obamas Choose Their Official Portraitists - October 17th, 2017