The 27th Annual Houston Art Car Parade is holding an open call for artwork submissions to be the official emblem of the 2014 parade, represented on all its merchandise, advertisements, banners, posters and its website. The deadline for entries is January 10 and the winner will receive a $1200 honorarium. In addition, three artists will be chosen by an online public vote on the Orange Show and Art Car Facebook pages who will receive $200 honoraria and have their artwork printed on a limited run of t-shirts.
Entry guidelines can be found on the Art Car website but, basically, artists must reside in the Greater Houston area and the original art should represent the “unique, whimsical aspects” of the parade.
also by Paula Newton
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016
- Love is for Everyone, Says Lubbock: Now Only $24! - April 25th, 2016