The 27th Annual Houston Art Car Parade is holding an open call for artwork submissions to be the official emblem of the 2014 parade, represented on all its merchandise, advertisements, banners, posters and its website. The deadline for entries is January 10 and the winner will receive a $1200 honorarium. In addition, three artists will be chosen by an online public vote on the Orange Show and Art Car Facebook pages who will receive $200 honoraria and have their artwork printed on a limited run of t-shirts.
Entry guidelines can be found on the Art Car website but, basically, artists must reside in the Greater Houston area and the original art should represent the “unique, whimsical aspects” of the parade.
also by Paula Newton
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017