Unit B, which opened its San Antonio location in 2006, has announced that it will close its doors indefinitely “to ponder the future of the gallery and life in general.” There will be a closing party for the current exhibition, Re-enchant the Moment, curated by Houston’s Mark Ponder, on Saturday, January 4, from 3-6 pm. The party will now also serve as an opportunity to toast the closing of the gallery itself.
Re-enchant the Moment features work by Jonathan Armistead (Pittsburg, PA), Debra Barrera (Houston, TX), and Chuck and George (Dallas, TX). For the closing of the exhibition and the gallery, it seems appropriate to post Barrera’s Throw me a party or throw me away, four-and-a-half hours from the show’s opening captured by Jonathan Hopson in a 33-second time-lapse video:
also by Paula Newton
- And the Houston Artist Town Halls Keep Coming! (This One has a Panel, a Performance, Cops, and Beer) - June 27th, 2017
- Houston Mayor Calls on Artists to Make a Place - June 26th, 2017
- Denton’s Paul Voertman, 1929-2017 - June 23rd, 2017
- Homo Artists Unite! - June 22nd, 2017
- Body Art and Chicken Wings - June 21st, 2017