As part of a celebration of its 20th anniversary, the Austin Film Festival has put together a retrospective of shorts that they’ve played throughout the years in An Evening of Texas Shorts. Many of these filmmakers with Texas roots have since gone on to bigger projects. The short films will be shown Wednesday evening, beginning at 7 pm, at the Bullock State History Museum.
The Austin Film Festival and Conference has already posted an exhaustive list of panelists for the upcoming October event, but those who can’t wait until then can check out shorts by the following artists on Wednesday:
Fit (Athina Rachel Tsangari), The Significant Other (Tassos Rigopoulos), Po Mo Knock Knock (Greg Pak), Bust (Amy Talkington), Pillowfight (Scott Rice), I Veli di Kulala (Andrew Logan), Oh My God (John Bryant), Some Analog Lines (David Lowery), True Believer (Will Dotter), Pigeon Impossible (Lucas Martell), and Make a Wish (David Ward).
also by Paula Newton
- In the Hill Country: Good Old Fashioned Plein Air Painting - October 12th, 2015
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015