As part of a celebration of its 20th anniversary, the Austin Film Festival has put together a retrospective of shorts that they’ve played throughout the years in An Evening of Texas Shorts. Many of these filmmakers with Texas roots have since gone on to bigger projects. The short films will be shown Wednesday evening, beginning at 7 pm, at the Bullock State History Museum.
The Austin Film Festival and Conference has already posted an exhaustive list of panelists for the upcoming October event, but those who can’t wait until then can check out shorts by the following artists on Wednesday:
Fit (Athina Rachel Tsangari), The Significant Other (Tassos Rigopoulos), Po Mo Knock Knock (Greg Pak), Bust (Amy Talkington), Pillowfight (Scott Rice), I Veli di Kulala (Andrew Logan), Oh My God (John Bryant), Some Analog Lines (David Lowery), True Believer (Will Dotter), Pigeon Impossible (Lucas Martell), and Make a Wish (David Ward).
also by Paula Newton
- Architects’ Pigs Could Fly in Just in Time for Trump Proposals - December 8th, 2016
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016
- SXSW+Art! - November 30th, 2016