As part of a celebration of its 20th anniversary, the Austin Film Festival has put together a retrospective of shorts that they’ve played throughout the years in An Evening of Texas Shorts. Many of these filmmakers with Texas roots have since gone on to bigger projects. The short films will be shown Wednesday evening, beginning at 7 pm, at the Bullock State History Museum.
The Austin Film Festival and Conference has already posted an exhaustive list of panelists for the upcoming October event, but those who can’t wait until then can check out shorts by the following artists on Wednesday:
Fit (Athina Rachel Tsangari), The Significant Other (Tassos Rigopoulos), Po Mo Knock Knock (Greg Pak), Bust (Amy Talkington), Pillowfight (Scott Rice), I Veli di Kulala (Andrew Logan), Oh My God (John Bryant), Some Analog Lines (David Lowery), True Believer (Will Dotter), Pigeon Impossible (Lucas Martell), and Make a Wish (David Ward).
also by Paula Newton
- West Texas Landmarks Vandalized! - February 24th, 2017
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017