The Art Car Parade was only a few months ago, but some are already jonesing for their next art car fix. No problem—the Orange Show has got it all worked out. Next weekend, they will present Art Car: The Movie. On August 17, at the Orange Show Monument, co-directors Carltor Ahrens and Ford Gunter will present their documentary, which follows a teacher and her high school class as they prepare an entry for the Houston Art Car Parade. The students learn about the joys of collaboration and life “outside the box” as the filmmakers talk to visionary art car makers throughout the country about why they feel the need to challenge societal norms.
On August 17, at 6 pm, the Orange Show will open its doors for an artist meet-and-greet and show the film at dusk, followed by Q&A from the directors. “Art car artist” tickets are only $10, advance tickets are $15, and it’s $20 at the door. But, it’s an art event so, of course, there will be food trucks and folks from St. Arnold Brewery.
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017