The LA Weekly reports that Jeffrey Deitch will be leaving the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (LA MOCA). Their sources say an official announcement from the museum will be released sometime today.
Deitch’s tenure has been controversial since he was appointed director in 2010. The museum has had ongoing financial problems and, last year, Deitch fired LA MOCA’s longtime chief curator Paul Schimmel, leading to the resignation of four MOCA artist boardmembers in protest.
also by Paula Newton
- Rick Lowe: The Genius is Now a UH Professor - July 1st, 2016
- Affordable Space for E.P. Artists! - June 30th, 2016
- Lucas Museum and Don Bacigalupi Ditch Chicago and Look to California - June 29th, 2016
- Fluxus Co-Founder Ben Patterson Dies at 82 - June 28th, 2016
- Spend Your Holiday Weekend in Rockport! - June 27th, 2016