The LA Weekly reports that Jeffrey Deitch will be leaving the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (LA MOCA). Their sources say an official announcement from the museum will be released sometime today.
Deitch’s tenure has been controversial since he was appointed director in 2010. The museum has had ongoing financial problems and, last year, Deitch fired LA MOCA’s longtime chief curator Paul Schimmel, leading to the resignation of four MOCA artist boardmembers in protest.
also by Paula Newton
- Off to a Good Start! Moody Center Announces Inaugural Schedule of Artists - October 28th, 2016
- Tate Hires Houston Curator - October 27th, 2016
- Dallas Curator Named One of “Twenty Most Influential” - October 26th, 2016
- Dude! Art Class is Super Stressful! - October 25th, 2016
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016