The LA Weekly reports that Jeffrey Deitch will be leaving the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (LA MOCA). Their sources say an official announcement from the museum will be released sometime today.
Deitch’s tenure has been controversial since he was appointed director in 2010. The museum has had ongoing financial problems and, last year, Deitch fired LA MOCA’s longtime chief curator Paul Schimmel, leading to the resignation of four MOCA artist boardmembers in protest.
also by Paula Newton
- West Texas Landmarks Vandalized! - February 24th, 2017
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017