After conducting a national search, the museum selected Houston-based Zúñiga, who is currently the executive director of the Houston Community College Foundation. She has lots of experience in fundraising, management, teaching, and is a frequent presenter at fundraising conferences. Earlier this year, she was named as one of “Houston’s Most Influential Women of 2012” by Houston Woman magazine.
also by Paula Newton
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016