After conducting a national search, the museum selected Houston-based Zúñiga, who is currently the executive director of the Houston Community College Foundation. She has lots of experience in fundraising, management, teaching, and is a frequent presenter at fundraising conferences. Earlier this year, she was named as one of “Houston’s Most Influential Women of 2012” by Houston Woman magazine.
also by Paula Newton
- I Never Liked Art: Vito Acconci, 1940-2017 - April 29th, 2017
- What’s the Chinati Foundation Up To? - April 28th, 2017
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017