After conducting a national search, the museum selected Houston-based Zúñiga, who is currently the executive director of the Houston Community College Foundation. She has lots of experience in fundraising, management, teaching, and is a frequent presenter at fundraising conferences. Earlier this year, she was named as one of “Houston’s Most Influential Women of 2012” by Houston Woman magazine.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017