The best way to buy/sell/look at art during these hot summer months is to be able to work in a swim in the Gulf on the same day. Every six to eight weeks throughout the year, the Galveston Art Center organizes Saturday evening Galveston Art Walks in the city’s historic district. This summer’s dates are July 13 and August 24.
If you are an artist, art space, or gallery that wants to participate, the application deadline for the first date is June 5. If that’s a bit too soon, the deadline for the next date is July 10: venue-less artists can spend a few more weeks surfing and befriending gallerists and other Galvestonians with wall space.
For guidelines and application, visit the GAC page with the Art Walk info.
also by Paula Newton
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017