The best way to buy/sell/look at art during these hot summer months is to be able to work in a swim in the Gulf on the same day. Every six to eight weeks throughout the year, the Galveston Art Center organizes Saturday evening Galveston Art Walks in the city’s historic district. This summer’s dates are July 13 and August 24.
If you are an artist, art space, or gallery that wants to participate, the application deadline for the first date is June 5. If that’s a bit too soon, the deadline for the next date is July 10: venue-less artists can spend a few more weeks surfing and befriending gallerists and other Galvestonians with wall space.
For guidelines and application, visit the GAC page with the Art Walk info.
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017