Lens-based artist Ziebell, one of the first artists-in-residence at the MFAH Glassell School of Art’s Core program, joined with multimedia artist and designer Shumate to create a company which has already released the apps The Sum of Its Parts and X-Corpse (based on the Surrealist parlor game) and iVotive (virtual good luck candles).
Las Pozas, though, is not a game, but more of an interactive documentary with 360° panoramic views. Ziebell and Shumate originally created Las Pozas: Steps & Falls as a DVD-ROM, which was included in the 2006 Texas Gallery group exhibition “Photographs of ‘Las Pozas.’”
Starting May 24, iPad and iPhone users will be able to navigate the lush and crazy theme park/sculpture garden built deep in the Mexican rainforest by Edward James, British poet, aristocrat, and major patron of Surrealist artists.
also by Paula Newton
- ALH Announces Texas Artist of the Year - May 6th, 2016
- Punk Rocker Mark Flood to Get Classical Treatment Tonight - May 5th, 2016
- Houston Art Fair Loses a Word and Gains an Attitude - May 4th, 2016
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016