Lens-based artist Ziebell, one of the first artists-in-residence at the MFAH Glassell School of Art’s Core program, joined with multimedia artist and designer Shumate to create a company which has already released the apps The Sum of Its Parts and X-Corpse (based on the Surrealist parlor game) and iVotive (virtual good luck candles).
Las Pozas, though, is not a game, but more of an interactive documentary with 360° panoramic views. Ziebell and Shumate originally created Las Pozas: Steps & Falls as a DVD-ROM, which was included in the 2006 Texas Gallery group exhibition “Photographs of ‘Las Pozas.’”
Starting May 24, iPad and iPhone users will be able to navigate the lush and crazy theme park/sculpture garden built deep in the Mexican rainforest by Edward James, British poet, aristocrat, and major patron of Surrealist artists.
also by Paula Newton
- Outsider Artsmarter Working From the Inside - March 28th, 2017
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017