Recently I had the pleasure of traveling to Houston for the second annual Texas Contemporary Art Fair. I was impressed, and the fair deserves a pat on the back. Considering this fall is only in its second year, the caliber of work was impressive (albeit still mostly local galleries from Texas), the artist projects were well done and thought provoking, and the list of community partners was nice to see. I wish the fair the best of luck in the years to come and hope it continues to expand with such vitality and talent.
Also, it was great to see so many friends and colleagues in the same place supporting each other.
Here are a few of my favorites:
also by Leslie Castro
- "RIP" by Graham Dolphin at Lora Reynolds Gallery - June 18th, 2013
- Chatting with Sally Glass of Dallas' semigloss. Magazine - May 15th, 2013
- Triple Treat @ Unit B, San Antonio - April 28th, 2013
- Last Resort: Kelly O'Connor at Women and Their Work - April 27th, 2013
- Through the Eyes of Texas: An Interview with Annette Carlozzi and Simone Wicha - April 26th, 2013