Dallas’ Goss-Michael Foundation has announced the winners of four $5,000 annual scholarships for high school seniors, which are applied toward tuition at each winner’s college in the fall.
The Kenny Goss Art Scholarship went to Maximilliano Brito who will be attending Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts in the fall. The George Michael Music Scholarship went to Alexander Blade Silver, who is going to the UNT. The Goss-Michael Foundation DFW Art Scholarship went to Kendal Coker of Northwest High School in Justin, TX who will be attending Oklahoma University, and the Goss-Michael Foundation Texas Art Scholarship went to Bria Webb of Sam Houston High School in Arlington who will be attending New York University.
The winners were chosen by Frank Hettig, director of modern and contemporary art for Heritage Auctions, Jessica Iannuzzi Cargia of McKinney Avenue Contemporary and Anna Smith, curator of education for the Nasher Sculpture Center. Jaap van Zweden, music director of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, awarded the music scholarship.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015