Culturemap Austin has the lowdown on N-Space, Co-Lab’ new downtown venture in association with architects Nelsen Partners. The first show at the new space opened last weekend, in conjunction with the inaugural West Austin Studio Tour with a show of combine paintings by Mark Johnson, who, in his other role as Operations Manager at AMOA-Arthouse, who “works his ass off for this art community,” according to Co-Lab co-director Chris Whiteburch.
The joint venture, and the whole WEST event ((as it is called) is seen as part of a new effort to involve downtown Austin in the boisterous, largely artist-driven creative ferment that has so far defined Austin’s scene. The Austin Chronicle’s Robert Faires offered a guide to the sprawling multi-venue effort on Friday.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015