Culturemap Austin has the lowdown on N-Space, Co-Lab’ new downtown venture in association with architects Nelsen Partners. The first show at the new space opened last weekend, in conjunction with the inaugural West Austin Studio Tour with a show of combine paintings by Mark Johnson, who, in his other role as Operations Manager at AMOA-Arthouse, who “works his ass off for this art community,” according to Co-Lab co-director Chris Whiteburch.
The joint venture, and the whole WEST event ((as it is called) is seen as part of a new effort to involve downtown Austin in the boisterous, largely artist-driven creative ferment that has so far defined Austin’s scene. The Austin Chronicle’s Robert Faires offered a guide to the sprawling multi-venue effort on Friday.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015