March 4 will be the final day to see the Byzantine frescoes currently nestled in their frosted glass framework at the Menil’s Byzantine Fresco Chapel. The works, which the Menil rescued, then borrowed from the Orthodox Church of Cyprus, are being returned at the conclusion of a 28-year loan. Explorations are underway on how best to use the newly de-frescoed chapel building in the future.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015