The Arcata, California, Kinetic Sculpture Race finishes today, amid reports of high winds and tough going. In this venerable (since 1969) “triathlon of the art world” event all-terrain human-powered art sculptures race over road, water, mud and sand every Memorial Day weekend, with typically “art-car” campiness and hijinks. It’s catching: the 13th annual Kinetic Sculpture Race in Baltimore took place on May 7!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015