The Arcata, California, Kinetic Sculpture Race finishes today, amid reports of high winds and tough going. In this venerable (since 1969) “triathlon of the art world” event all-terrain human-powered art sculptures race over road, water, mud and sand every Memorial Day weekend, with typically “art-car” campiness and hijinks. It’s catching: the 13th annual Kinetic Sculpture Race in Baltimore took place on May 7!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015