This year, Glasstire turns 10, making it one of the oldest (and best) art websites in the country. We’re celebrating with a star-studded panel discussion at the Fort Worth Modern Art Museum featuring Robert Storr, David Pagel, Toby Kamps, Michael Galbreth and Christina Rees discussing what regionalism means to the art world of the 21st century. Saturday, May 7, from 11am-2pm. Glasstire has grown over the past decade from a startup with one writer to a national presence in online arts journalism. Glasstire is the winner of the 2009 National Arts Journalism Summit in Los Angeles and is supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, the Texas Commission on the Arts (what’s left of it), The Houston Endowment, Inc., The Brown Foundation, and the Houston Arts Alliance.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015