Arthouse, Austin, has approved a new operating budget for next year, balanced through staff reductions, specifically the sudden elimination of Elizabeth Dunbar as Associate director/Curator. It just happens that Dunbar co-organized the recent, controversial showing of Michelle Handelman’s Dorian, a cinematic perfume. Future programming will be cobbled together from guest curators and traveling exhibitions, advised by Arthouse’s exhibitons committee. Arthouse’s recent institutional spending spree may include glass blocks, felt chairs, and acres of exotic tzatziki wood, but apparently does not extend to beloved curators.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015