San Antonio artist Cruz Ortiz has created the world’s first solar mural installation, reports Texas Public Radio. The four panel installation, entitled La Monarca, has been placed downtown but will be relocated to the EPIcenter, where it will be located next to the pollinator garden being created there. It will eventually be joined by other works that will provide power to social service centers, municipal buildings or eco-cultural tourism destinations in the City of San Antonio or other stops along Monarch Butterfly migration routes.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Annual Art Bazaar Returns - November 24th, 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017