The Galveston Arts Center (GAC), though, would have none of it. After being devastated by Hurricane Ike in 2008, the folks there got more than ready. The relatively new curator Dennis Nance was interviewed by the Smithsonian Magazine and shared the extra precautions that the GAC took. To read the full article, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Annual Art Bazaar Returns - November 24th, 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017