The Galveston Arts Center (GAC), though, would have none of it. After being devastated by Hurricane Ike in 2008, the folks there got more than ready. The relatively new curator Dennis Nance was interviewed by the Smithsonian Magazine and shared the extra precautions that the GAC took. To read the full article, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017